Purchase Advice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MarkP
    Participant

Hi, I’m thinking of buying a 505 from 2008. Obviously going to have a survey but would anyone have any advice on what to look out for on these models? This one has been converted to a cutter rig

GordonM
    Participant

Hi MarkP, did you buy the 505? I was looking at one last year also and apparently it was sold

MarkP
    Participant

Hi Gordon yes I completed purchase last year. Wasn’t a brilliant summer weather-wise, so we didn’t get as much sailing in as I hoped but pleased so far. Still some jobs to do but that’s to be expected!

GordonM
    Participant

Hi Mark, I am wondering if it is the same boat i looked at. Was she berthed in Palma? How are you enjoying her? Where do you keep her?

MarkP
    Participant

Hi Gordon. No, it wasn’t the Palma one (was that Berthon), it was based in Plymouth. I now keep it in Falmouth and yes I am pleased to say I am enjoying the boat. I was surprised at her speed – for a heavy boat she doesn’t hang around (provided of course there is sufficient wind). I’m hoping to complete some cosmetic work and spend a little more time on board this year, weather permitting. Are you still looking for a 505 or have you found something else?

GordonM
    Participant

Hi Mark, yes it was the Berthon one. We viewed her last February when we were looking at other boats. She was out of our budget however when her price started to drop it began to look like a possibility then she was “off market”, berthon said she had been sold but all other boats are shown as under offer. We are still looking for a 505 or similar…not a lot out there at the moment. Certainly nothing in the UK. We are hoping to get over to Turkey next month to look at a few. Good to hear you are happy with your purchase, I think they are fantastic looking boats.👍 if you hear of anything please let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.